SIT Furniture Design of the Year: Professional
SIT Emerging Furniture Design of the Year: Student
The SIT Furniture Design of the Year Award and SIT Emerging Furniture Design of the Year recognize the efforts of talented furniture designers who improve and perfect the quality of design emitted by their designs. SIT Furniture Design Awards accepts submissions in the following categories:
SIT with SEAT
|Armchair||Couch / Sofa||Fauteuil|
|Executive chair||Baby & Kids chairs||Handicapped friendly chairs|
SIT with COMFORT
|Bed||Baby Cribs & Kids Beds||Lounge chair|
|Lazy boy||Meridian||Chaise longue|
|Hammock||Rocking chair||Others Seats/comfort|
SIT in front OF
|Table||Bar table||Dining table|
|Bedside table||Low table||Coffee table|
|Kitchen table||Conference table||Working table|
|Folding table||Reception table||Computer desk|
|Working desk||Drawing board desk||Baby and Kids table|
|Decorative Accent lamp||Designer/Custom lighting||Energy Saving lighting|
|Hanging lamps & lights||Illuminated ceiling||Illuminated home décor|
|Innovative lighting design||LED Lighting products & fixtures||Mood lighting|
|Workplace lighting||Pendant lighting||Desk lamp|
|Outdoor chair||Outdoor bench and sofa||Outdoor sofa and table set|
|Swimming pool furniture||Garden furniture||Outdoor kitchen furniture|
|City public area furniture||City public park furniture||Sustainable outside furniture|
|Recycle outside furniture||Kids playground||Other outside furniture|
SIT at the office
|Executive chair||Office chairs||Working chairs|
|Executive tables||Office tables||Working tables|
|Commercial furniture set||Industrial furniture set||Bar and Restaurant furniture set|
|Hotel furniture set||Conference room furniture set||Commercial furniture set|
|Hospital furniture set||Retails furniture set||Library furniture set|
|Office furniture Set||Others furniture set|
SIT at Home
|Home office chair||Home office tables||Home office accessories|
|Computer desks||Desk lamp||Desk accessories|
|Others Home Office|
SIT Designer of the Year: Professional
SIT Emerging Designer of the Year: Student
The SIT Designer of the Year Award and SIT Emerging Designer of the Year recognize the people and practices striving towards excellence in furniture design implementation and application. The Conceptor, director, architect, engineer, interior designer, landscape architect, urban planner, etc., each creates a new space, atmosphere, and mood with their furniture. There would be no architectural, interior design, or landscape design achievements without the right furniture– which is the reason we want to recognize this essential part of the design process through SIT Awards.
|Living room design||Bedroom design||Home décor|
|Interior House design||Industrial design||Office design|
|Retails design||Sales Office design||Residential design|
|Commercial design||Mix Use Building: Residential and Commercial||Institutional design|
|Hotel design||Bar design||Restaurant design|
|Landscape design||Public park / Public area design||Conceptual designs|
|Projects in development||Sustainable design||Others space design|
SIT Innovation Center – Winner of the Year – Professional
SIT Furniture Design Award has created an “Innovation Center” focusing every year on 3 topics to highlight invention, look at today’s challenges, and how to overcome them. The winner of the “Innovation Center” will receive a grant of US$4000.00 to realize a prototype or start the production.For its inaugural launch, the digital innovation center will focus on:
- Home office furniture: Combine living and working: While home-office is becoming the norm in some industries; SIT encourages designers to rethink the “Homeworking experience”. How to be more user-centric? How to integrate the home office in a limited personal space? Imagine the Seat & Desk of tomorrow? What are the new needs? … etc…
- Technology integration: upgrade your furniture: What is the next technology integration in furniture design? Today’s integration of the “Internet of Things (IoT)” concept and services are growing exponentially. Let’s imagine, build, scale new innovative furniture’s and experiences improving our daily life.
- Reuse and/or Recycle: give a second life: Recycle and reuse are the most effective ways to save natural resources, protect the environment, and save money. This theme has been created to present furniture helping sustain the environment for future generations. Envision a second life to materials/ furniture or allows the equipment to be used to their fullest extent.
- The project must have been completed within the last 5 years
- Provide a brief description of the design or implementation
- Provide a Designer/ Student and/or Company Profile / University
- Give names of those who need be credited for the design or product (i.e. company, designer, engineer, mentor, professor, etc.)
- Up to 10 images of your lighting design, including an optional company logo
- Product Specification PDF (Mainly for Product Design Category, but Spec Sheet can also be included for Implementation or manufacturing details used in the design) – recommended
Submission tips to SIT Design Awards
We have created a list of the best tips to guide you through the submission process, step by step, making sure your design entry is strong and will have a positive impact on the Jury:
- Complete your user/company profile. Our system provides an auto-generated invoice for your submission fees, so please add your company address, e-mail, VAT number, etc. Also, share your company information, and any previous awards won!
- Since we have an international jury panel, the project description, credits, and other information need be written in English.
- The entry description is one of the most essential parts of your submission, so make your description engaging and interesting; keep it succinct, but still, give as much information as possible; share the original idea for the design, the creative trigger, how it contributes to society or local communities, etc.
- You can upload up to 10 images with each entry. Select some images that give an overall view of the product design, and others which are close-up picture. Please keep in mind that in case you have a winning submission, the cover image (the first image you upload) will be displayed on the website Winners Gallery and in the Annual SIT Digital Book, so it GFPuld be the image that best represents your entry overall.
- Don’t forget you can also upload a PDF file with any additional project details, 3D drawings, product specifications, business plans, or any other information you may feel is important to share with the Jury. This is done on the Image Upload stage of the submission.
- Credit all of the designers that took part in the project. You can also add photographer and model credits as appropriate.
- Each submission category has many sub-categories for you to choose from and many entries would fit in multiple sub-categories. To increase your chance of winning we recommend that you enter the projects in more than 1 sub-category. A 50% discount is offered when entering your design in additional sub-categories.